LEED Credits - Green Builds
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is a conservation-based building certification program that is run under the control of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). LEED focuses its efforts on imporving performances across five different key areas of environmental and human health.
• Energy Efficiency
• Indoor Environmental Quality
• Materials Selection
• Sustainable Site Development
• Water Savings
LEED is devoted to informing and guiding a wide variety of professionals who work with structures to create or convert spaces to environmental sustainability. It is a nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction, and operation of high-performance green building. It provides building owners and operators with the tools needed for making a measurable impact on their buildings' performance. State and local governments from all around the United States are adopting LEED standards for buildings of all kinds, and LEED initiatives at the US Departments of Agriculture, Defense, Energy, and State propel activity at the federal level.
Green Building Product Information
Ultra-Tec cable railing producrs are made of recycled materials, helping you qualify for the following types of LEED credits:
•LEED for New Construction - Material & Resources Credit 4.1 and 4.2
• LEED for Commercial Interiors - Material & Resources Credit 4.1 and 4.2
• LEED for Schools - Material & Resources Credit 4.1 and 4.2
Recycled Content Certification:
This is to certify that:
• All stainless steel products produced and/or supplied by The Cable Connection, Carson City, Nevada, contain a minimum pre-consumer and post-consumer recycled content of 65%, with minimum post-consumer recycled content of 25%.
• All other steel products produced and/or supplied by The Cable Connection, Carson City, Nevada, contain a minimum post-consumer recycled content of 25%.